Monday, April 3, 2017

Editing

       Right now I'm in the process of editing, and honestly, this is my favorite part. Seeing my vision piece together and form a coherent sequence is completely satisfying. I have mainly straight cuts, with the occasional cross-dissolve to show the passing of time. I am editing my opening using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 because I find its best to get comfortable with software that professional editors use. In my opinion, the hardest part about this stage of the production process is making use of editing in a way that conveys a message. Even with my script giving the narrative straightforward, I still have to time every cut, every transition, every scene perfectly. Below is how my workspace is set up, I even researched in advance how the way Premiere is set up affects efficiency.



Resources:
Renee, V. "Watch: 5 Ways to Customize Premiere Pro to Get a More Efficient Workflow." No Film
          School, 23 Feb. 2017, nofilmschool.com/2017/02/watch-5-ways-customize-premiere-pro-get
          more-efficient-workflow. Accessed 12 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment