Friday, March 31, 2017

Foley

        Foley is the art of creating or adding realistic audio to a movie or television program, usually performed by Foley artists on a  stage in a Post Production studio. For my opening, I need to create all of the media necessary to convey its themes adequately. I have stated previously in the storyboard that the last scenes of the protagonist with the train will match cut to a similarly composed shot in a different setting. The key component to transitioning this smoothly will be from the ringing of the tracks with a similar ringing in the next shot. Fortunately for me, an ambulance happened to be passing by when I was at the train station so I was able to get the sirens and the train horns to use as background sounds. Also, at the lake I recorded the audio of the rock skipping through the water.


Resources:
Singer, Philip. "What Is Foley?" Art of Foley, www.marblehead.net/foley/. Accessed 6 Apr. 2017.
MavArt, Productions. "What Is Foley?" Sound Ideas, www.sound-ideas.com/Page/what-is-foley.aspx.
          Accessed 6 Apr. 2017. 
Carlsson, Sven. "Foley." Film Art, filmsound.org/terminology/foley.htm. Accessed 6 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment