Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Color Correction

         I have completely assembled my film opening and I have moved on to color correction. I cropped every clip to give the impression of a letterbox, simulating a cinema aspect ratio. Also, I overlaid Lumetri Color presets such as SL Gold Orange and SL Blue Ice to desaturate the footage and create a cold tone. I inputed a Premiere Pro effect called "Noise HLS Auto" to add grain because I wanted my opening to seem distressed and warn out. Before I made these changes final, I researched how to make a scene more dramatic using editing. I found that by using these certain presets with an added letterbox turns what seems like a home movie into a cinema. Below you can see the changes I made from the original footage next to the edited one.

                                  Before                                                                                       After





















Resources:
"Color Palettes from Famous Movies Show How Colors Set the Mood of a Film." Digital Synopsis,
          digitalsynopsis.com/design/cinema-palettes-famous-movie-colors/. Accessed 6 Apr. 2017.
Nedomansky, Vashi. "7 TIPS FOR HD COLOR CORRECTION AND DSLR COLOR
          CORRECTION." Hurlblog,www.thehurlblog.com/cinematography-online-7-tips-for-hd-color
          correction-and-dslr-color-correction/. Accessed 6 Apr. 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment