Thursday, April 6, 2017

Audio

        Its time to input the audio! As I have previously stated, I will be using "Old Friends" by Simon & Garfunkel. I chose this song because the lyrics convey themes of nostalgia and reminiscence, reflecting upon youth as one grows older. Being affiliated with one of the most hated groups in the world and being unable to have any sort of support can draw up feelings of reminiscence of such an innocent time, when one was a child. The themes of this song correlate with the feel of the whole film opening and add to the dreariness of the character. This part of the production process is relatively difficult seeing as thought I have to make sure not to drown out different layers of recorded audio. I have the sounds of the train, both the tracks and the horn, background highway traffic sounds, an ambulance siren, the narration, and "Old Friends" playing simultaneously. Obviously, the main focus is the narration because I don't want the audience to be completely confused, so I dialed its volume up 3 decibels. The rest of the audio layers will continuously increase in volume and intensity until the ultimate climax, when the protagonist is walking towards the platform's edge. This adds to the suspense the audience feels because the film opening peaks in one scene and then resolves in the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment